According to the American Automobile Association (AAA), as many as 32.4 million motorists will be traveling 50 miles or farther from home this weekend....
Here are some travel tips brought to you courtesy of Kwik Kar Automotive in Springfield, MO.
1. Check tire pressure. Properly inflated tires can increase not only gas mileage but the life of your tires.
2. Top off all fluids (even the washer fluid) to ensure your vehicle is givng you its optimal performance.
3. Along with topping off your washer fluid make sure your wipers are in good condition.
4. Check the spare tire for poper inflation and tread wear (can't replace a flat with a flat).
5. Check the battery for proper ampereage and connectivity. Summer heat contributes to battery failure and accelerates corrosion on the battery terminals.
"No one wants to have their day disrupted by a broken-down vehicle--especially when they are on vacation," says AAA Automotive Vice President Marshall L. Doney. "Many of the problems that end up with the vehicle on the back of a tow truck could have been prevented with regular maintenance."
Any of these items can be checked out by the staff at Kwik Kar Automotive in Springfield, MO free of charge and in just a matter of minutes. It's also a good idea to create an emergency kit to keep in the vehicle in case of a breakdown. And be sure to include some bottled water in case of long wait times.
Above all have a safe and anjoyable holiday weekend no matter where you are traveling to.